The Insecta Integration Specimen Database Website (IISDW) is founded in China, Nanjing. It is important that there will be Chinese terminologies among species. To make sure that you have a wonderful searching experience, please try not to use Google Translate or there will be a lot of mistakes. Thank you for your cooperation!
生态照 (Habitus of Natural History): HNH
标本照 (Specimen Images): SI
描绘图 (Sketching): SK
展示照 (Light box Images): LI
蛹照 (Pupa Images): PI
器官特写 (Organs’ Features): OF
蜕 (Exuviae): Ex
幼虫 (Larva): L
若虫/稚虫 (Nymph/Naiad): N
亚成虫 (Subimago): S
蛹 (Pupa): P
卵/卵鞘 (Egg): E
- Habitus of Natural History, or HNH, are images of living insects taking at the location where they are been found. The name of the file will be “中文正名 Genus species subspecies (♂/♀) (N/L) (Ergate/Dinergate/Gyne) HNH (number of HNH).
- Specimen Images, or SI, are images of specimens. The name of the file will be 中文正名 Genus species subspecies (♂/♀) SI (number of SI) [D/L/V(dorsal, lateral, ventral)]
- Light box Images, or LI, are precise images of living dragonflies. The name of the file will be 中文正名 Genus species subspecies (♂/♀) LI (number of LI) [D/L/V/F/AA(dorsal, lateral, ventral, frontal, anal appendages)]
- Pupa Images, or PI, are images of pupas. The name of the file will be 中文正名 Genus species subspecies PI (number of PI)
- Organ Features, or OF, are images of insects’ organs. The name of the file will be 中文正名器官名 Genus species subspecies OF (number of OF)
工蚁 (Worker): Ergate
兵蚁 (Soldier): Dinergate
蚁后/繁殖蚁 (Queen): Gyne
··· SPECIES COUNTINGS ···
Green Scarabs in Zhejiang
To be honest, it is difficult to take photos of the relatively giant scarabs with focal length of 100mm or 105mm because the focus distances are way too further than 50mm ones. So it might take you some time to design the best way to use diffuser. It’s recommended to take lateral-view so the diffuser can cover the whole body of the scarabs.
This part is a gallery in IISDW which means all of the specimen images are painted. Because some of the specimens are extremely rare and expensive that it is nearly impossible to buy one or borrow one for a single specimen image. In order to fix the Gordian knot, I decided to draw them with my computer and put them inside the specimen images module, with the yellow color stripe. I will try as much as I can to show what exactly the insect looks like. Hopefully you can enjoy them 🙂
Without a trip, insect identification will be super boring. Here I choose some quintessence and edit them into diaries.